If you had a mind to use an anonymous web server, then I2P is worth a look. And offer a lot more besides, covering – anonymous web browsing, web hosting, chat, file sharing, e-mail, blogging and content syndication, newsgroups, as well as several other applications under development.
- Web browsing: using any existing browser that supports using a proxy.
- Chat: IRC, Jabber, I2P-Messenger.
- File sharing: I2PSnark, Robert, iMule, I2Phex, PyBit, I2P-bt and others.
- E-mail: susimail and I2P-Bote.
- Blog: using e.g. the pebble plugin or the distributed blogging software Syndie.
- Distributed Data Store: Save your data redundantly in the Tahoe-LAFS cloud over I2P.
- Newsgroups: using any newsgroup reader that supports using a proxy.
Once installed on your PC for testing, you just have to files under ~/.i2p/eepsite/docroot/ (Linux) or %APPDATA%I2Peepsitedocroot (Windows) and they’ll be reachable by others once you follow the instructions below on the Help page (just click Help from the control panel, once you have installed and started up I2P).